Lolita Perdurabo

St.Andrews Night divination 2013

DSCF9926
Last year I did the wax divination and it turned out very interesting so this year I did it again. I didn’t look at results from 2012 until I finished interpreting the new ones. Interestingly I see a figure again but this time it’s standing upright and its wearing a hood or a robe. It resembles a crone.
DSCF9945 DSCF9967
Another motif that has repeated is a fish. This time more specifically a goldfish.

DSCF9975DSCF9947

Other shapes such as a volcano and a palm tree, a train, a fly and a boar can be recognized. Prominent shape that I could recognize is a baby dragon or a chick.

DSCF9957DSCF9972

All in all it was a very interesting divination and I enjoyed doing it. Although I do not see a reason not to use this method at any time of the year I prefer to do it for St Andrews. This way it becomes something special to look forward to.

DSCF9933

13 Responses to "St.Andrews Night divination 2013"

1. trace says:

Some very definite shapes there @Lolita, strange that someone mentioned the crone to me very recently, and I had to ask where the idea of the maiden, mother and crone came from, to give me a feeling for what they mean to folks.

A while ago, I was trying out something that was suggested to me, involving burning words. and i was left with this little piece of paper. I thought I looked a bit like a dragon.

2. trace says:

Whoops. 😀

3. Agent V says:

Great shapes! I may be tempted to try this method…

4. Reilus says:

Just a thought, I might have fire scryed while the shapes formed…

In your shapes, I saw a hermit, a dragon, and a bird of prey in the wax itself — probably an owl. But, I may be projecting. HA! Ya think? =)

But, for what it’s worth, that’s what I see and I love it!

5. Reilus says:

I say probably an owl because I believe I am biased to see owls, but I am certain there is a bird of prey in there and the shapes and flows really only leave an owl as a possible choice for me.

6. Heh, a bit late replying, although again we did this together. The other wax blob seen floating in the water was my one. Only the shadows for the one @lolita made are shown in the photos above.

My diary shows that my own wax blob was seen as a humanoid entity with a mushroom head/hat, a fish skeleton and a wizard riding in a boat holding out a wand or smoking a pipe.

7. @trace For some reason when I look at yours I see the continents of North and South America, although the South is upside down or not as well formed.

Maybe its North America emerging out of a wizard hat, or an upside down tornado?

Anyway, stick with your own interpretation unless those of others ring any bells…

8. trace says:

Not bad really, considering it was what I had left from another thing I was eventually persuaded to try out.
    (Seems to have helped the original intention along as well.)

9. trace says:

Interestingly enough @Anton, it certainly does do a lot of the Pavlov thang there…. for a while now, little brother has been waving many magical carrots under my ‘knows’. Perhaps he tempting me to live in Florida.

10. Well then @trace. Maybe chaos be taking you on a ride to Turtle island in the near future…

11. trace says:

Hehehe!, well now @Anton….. Who nose what chaos nose?

12. trace says:

I really feel an affinity for owly birds too @Reilus, I’m not sure why, I’m pretty sure it’s not a recent thing, as I’m told that I wouldn’t move from the owls when I visited the zoo as a child. Ravens even more.so, I even made myself a totem.

13. lolita says:

@reilus: I love owls too! The fact that you noticed an owl whilst I did not is interesting to me because I also tent to see them everywhere! I guess other shapes must have been more important at the time. Maybe the Owl is a hidden influence for me in 2014…

@trace your raven totem looks amazing. This reminds me of a great episode of Tribal Eye